ICS update for the Samsung Galaxy S2

Finally, Samsung rolled out the ICS update for Samsung galaxy S2 in India. For a big while, I'd been feeling very down, as in India, I've to pay nearly 2.5 to 3 times, the cost of the phone compared to the Europe or the US and still I gotta wait after the entire world's got its ICS.

Anyway, after a long wait, ICS finally arrived in India and DuH! I could not get an OTA update as I'd upgraded to some unofficial firmware 2.3.6 for India and so Samsung did not recognize my phone!

But, thanks to this link, I knew that I'd have to do it manually.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075278
The above link provides very useful and clear information as to which firmware version is official for a country and simple steps to flash your Samsung galaxy  S2 through Odin

A special thanks to Jayce Ooi for clarifying that XWLP7 was the official ICS firmware for India.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manoranjitham flower

STH and Regular - Differences

making the eggless Pillsbury Cooker Cake